The Key To A Long-Lasting Vehicle
Basic car care is the key to a long-lasting vehicle, improving vehicle safety, and dependability.
Vehicles are not maintenance-free. They require keeping the fluids in the vehicle fresh and clean, and keeping tune parts in good condition promotes longevity, cleaner emissions, better fuel mileage, and engine performance. The mileage chart below is a basic maintenance guide for most vehicles to keep them running at optimum performance.
Maintenance Services With All About Automotive
While some preventive maintenance—such as topping off fluids—can be performed by the vehicle’s owner, other, more complicated procedures should be done by experts like the team at All About Automotive. Our team can keep your vehicle in top shape by performing the following maintenance:
- Inspecting and replacing timing belts — helps in preventing internal engine damage
- Inspecting and replacing serpentine belts, tensioners & idler pulleys — helps in preventing damage to other accessories
- Checking and changing the oil
- Checking, repairing, and replacing battery connection components
- Checking and replacing batteries
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters — keeps your car comfortable during the hot summer months and reduce pollen, dust, and odors
- Checking and replacing your engine air filter — replace your engine air filter more frequently if you drive in stop-and-go traffic or have a long commute
- Checking and replacing spark plugs
- Tire rotation — helps ensure even wear on your tires to prevent blowouts and leaking; it helps make your ride smoother
- Tire balancing — balancing your tires prevents wear, which can significantly improve the life of your tires and save you money
- Wheel alignment
- Check and adjust all tires — to ensure proper tire pressure per the manufacturer’s specifications of proper inflation psi
These basic maintenance guidelines can vary slightly based on your vehicle year, make, and model. Please visit our Mileage Maintenance Guide Page for more information by clicking HERE.
Keep Your Car In Excellent Condition With Regular Preventive Maintenance At All About Automotive
Preventive maintenance is really the key to the safety, reliability, and longevity of your vehicle. Studies also show preventive maintenance when performed properly also costs about 50% less than just performing repairs when your vehicle breaks. So we recommend starting the New Year with the resolution to perform preventive maintenance on your vehicles!