The Key To A Long-Lasting Vehicle
Basic car care is the key to a long-lasting vehicle, improving vehicle safety, and dependability.
Vehicles are not maintenance-free. They require keeping the fluids in the vehicle fresh and clean, and keeping tune parts in good condition promotes longevity, cleaner emissions, better fuel mileage, and engine performance. The mileage chart below is a basic maintenance guide for most vehicles to keep them running at optimum performance.
The best way to prevent long-term and costly problems with your vehicle is to keep up with the preventative maintenance schedule. One major key to making sure you are doing all you need is to read your vehicle’s owner’s manual. Every make and model is different. Standby beliefs such as, “you have to change your oil every 3,000 miles,” may not even apply to your car.
Don’t stay in the dark any longer. Let the experts at All About Automotive Inc. keep your vehicle in tip-top shape!
Maintenance Services With All About Automotive
While some preventive maintenance—such as topping off fluids—can be performed by the vehicle’s owner, other, more complicated procedures should be done by experts like the team at All About Automotive. Our team can keep your vehicle in top shape by performing the following maintenance:
- Inspecting and replacing timing belts — Helps in preventing internal engine damage.
- Inspecting and replacing serpentine belts, tensioners & idler pulleys — Helps in preventing damage to other accessories.
- Checking and changing the oil – Keeping clean oil in your engine at all times is the best return on investment preventative maintenance you can have performed on your vehicle. Clean oil reduces internal wear and sludging in the engine reducing the life of the engine and good performance.
- Checking, repairing, and replacing battery connections – Battery and all electronic component connections and cables have to be clean, tight and without a voltage drop issue to have proper current for the charging and starting system to work properly.
- Checking and replacing batteries – Keeping a healthy battery in your car is essential. It is the heart of your charging and starting system. A weak battery is hard on the alternator, starter, the computers and other components of your vehicle causing unnecessary excessive load and strain to those components.
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters — Keeps your car comfortable during the hot summer months and reduce pollen, dust, and odors. A clean air filter can add up to a 10% difference in improved fuel economy.
- Checking and replacing your engine air filter — Replace your engine air filter more frequently if you drive in stop-and-go traffic or have a long commute. A clean air filter can add up to a 10% difference in improved fuel economy.
- Checking and replacing spark plugs – Having spark plugs replaced before they fail can keep your vehicle running smoothly & efficiently. It can also safeguard your catalytic converter from damage that a misfire can cause.
- Tire rotation — Helps ensure even wear on your tires to prevent blowouts and leaking; it helps make your ride smoother.
- Tire balancing — Balancing your tires prevents wear, which can significantly improve the life of your tires and save you money.
- Wheel alignment
- Check and adjust all tires — To ensure proper tire pressure per the manufacturer’s specifications of proper inflation psi.
These basic maintenance guidelines can vary slightly based on your vehicle year, make, and model. Please visit our Mileage Maintenance Guide Page for more information by clicking HERE.
Keep Your Car In Excellent Condition With Regular Preventive Maintenance At All About Automotive
Preventive maintenance is really the key to the safety, reliability, and longevity of your vehicle. Studies also show preventive maintenance when performed properly also costs about 50% less than just performing repairs when your vehicle breaks. So we recommend starting the New Year with the resolution to perform preventive maintenance on your vehicles!